Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What I SHOULD have said last Sunday

For those of you who were with us last Sunday, we looked at another of Jesus’ hard sayings in John 6:53-54.  I told the true story about a homeless man whose song brought a production company to tears.  And though I told you the lyrics to the song, I didn’t share the song.  That was a mistake.  I should have played it for you, because…it’s a powerful and moving declaration of the message Jesus intended in his remarks in John 6.  See for yourself (be sure to listen past the first 20 seconds).



In reading the comments of others who’ve listened to this, the song is legendary.  And as one Seneca Creek person told me afterwards, “I pulled up Jesus Blood Never Failed Me Yet on YouTube.  It was great.  Can't get the tune out of my head.  I am holding you responsible.”  And now you know why.

If you missed last Sunday, you can listen online or subscribe to our free podcast on iTunes.

Finally, I encourage you to join us in getting wisdom this month as we read the book of Proverbs together.  And you can join in the conversation here if you'd like.  This goes hand-in-hand with our new series, “Got Wisdom,” that starts this Sunday.  See you then!

-Pastor Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment